We’re looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join our team in Victoria BC. You’ll be working with our product and platform engineers to architect product features and scale backend systems, becoming a technical leader within our company.
Our platform powers product email for large online businesses and services. Our systems are responsible for more than 10 million emails each day, making us one of the top 300 email senders in the world. We provide customers with a simple and highly-available REST API to manage and send templated emails to their users, and our servers handle nearly 100 million web requests each day.
We’re a Y Combinator company, backed by some of the best startup investors in the world. Our engineering team takes pride in solving challenging technical problems, often involving complex user interactions, high-throughput performance, and large scale data storage.
- Leading technical projects from start to finish, in all layers of the web stack
- Helping the engineering team perform at a higher level through mentorship and teaching
- Making high-level decisions regarding software architecture and system design
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and operational deficiencies, proposing solutions, and leading the team through implementation
- Maintaining high-throughput production services and ensuring high availability while fixing bugs, adding features, and refactoring
- Continuously raising the bar for our engineering team by defining and implementing best practices for coding, testing and deploying
- Troubleshooting scaling and deployment issues in high-throughput production environments
- Experimenting with new technologies and creative solutions
Required Skills and Proficiencies
- 5+ years of experience building complex and performant web applications
- Experience building large scale systems from the ground up
- Experience developing services with high reliability and availability requirements
- Strong communication skills, particularly around technical subjects
- Familiarity with a variety of data stores (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redshift, MongoDB, Redis)
- Technical proficiency with Python and common web languages
- Desire to build tools and services to improve team effectiveness and efficiency
- Self-starter; if you see a problem, you’ll find a way to fix it
- Customer focused; you care about how your code affects customers
Great Candidates Will Be Passionate About…
- Large software systems and challenging scaling problems
- How software is designed, built, and deployed
- Constantly improving engineering practices and overall team effectiveness
- Startups and growth focused SaaS products
- Technical leadership at a senior level
- Competitive salary, employee stock options, and a great team who works well together.
- Team driven. We believe the best solutions come from a diverse group of backgrounds and experience; the loudest voice in the room isn’t always right.
- Flexible vacation policy and paid parental leave. We value our own family time, and don’t ask you to compromise yours.
- Relaxed work environment. We’re serious about our product and casual about everything else.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family.
- Challenging and rewarding career path as an early leader in our engineering team.
If you feel you encompass most of these points and want to join our team shoot as an email with your Github, CV, portfolio and anything else you want to show off.
Sendwithus helps large online businesses send email to their customers. We transform your ordinary email service provider into an enterprise marketing platform that marketers love and developers love to work with.