Smartronix Inc., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner in addition to being an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix is actively seeking a DevOps Engineer who is forward-thinking, passionate, who has an insatiable curiosity, a dedication to quality, and a desire to be part of a rapidly changing organization supporting cutting edge technology in the intel community. This is an opportunity to become part of a growing team supporting a large modernization effort for one of our government clients. We will be building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications with an emphasis on data visualization and data analytics. Work on this effort is anticipated to commence in late August 2019 in the National Capital Region with all positions requiring an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a strong drive for innovation. The ideal candidate will be supporting one of our elite DOD/Intel customers to find new ways to discover, understand, and visualize information. This position entails building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. The candidate will be responsible for application development in Python/Django or alternative language while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate directly with customers to ensure products meet the IC operational requirements. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a focus on customer service.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3, SQS, RDS.
- Deployment automation with tools such as CloudFormation, Jenkins, Ansible, or Chef.
- Advanced scripting skills with Python or Bash.
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, and 3+ years of equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years working in the Linux environment.
- Have a Top Secret / SCI Clearance.
- Experience with ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats).
- AWS Certification.
- Security+ or CISSP Certification.
- Working familiarity with PostgreSQL, Docker, Git, and NodeJS.
- Ability to document and demonstrate solutions with diagrams, charts, and clean code.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong desire to learn and master new technologies.
- Adaptive to different technology interfaces and frameworks.