Sympower is an international clean tech scale-up with offices in 5 different countries and 26 different nationalities. Sympower was founded in 2015, driven by the mission of shaping an intelligent and green power system via advanced flexibility software solutions that enhance the value of energy assets. Sympower is growing fast and has been recognised as one of the eleven scale-ups selected for the Techleap Rise programme, featuring tech scale-ups which are contributing to flatten the climate curve. Our international team is driven by achieving together, focusing on impact and acting responsibly with our environment. Learn more about us in this video!
Sympower recently joined the B Corp community! The B Corp label certifies that we meet very high standards for social and environmental performance.
We are looking for talented Full stack Software Engineers to join Sympower’s engineering team. Get to know our Software Engineering team in this video. Let’s build the future of energy systems together!
What you’ll do
- Full life cycle development, starting with technical design and ending with deploy to production environment
- Identifying and improving parts of the platform to make it more scalable, fast and secure
- Collaborating across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback
- Contributing ideas to our product development roadmap
- Someone having an eye for detail, taking ownership, flexible and eager to learn
- Passionate about problem solving and proactive, who won’t hesitate involving colleagues for support when needed
- Experience in real-world projects implemented with Java (2+ years of experience)
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Living in GMT, GMT+1, GMT+2 or GMT+3 time zone
- Experience in independently running small projects end-to-end with little or no supervision
- Interest in scaling services and IoT
- Interest in data science and machine learning is a plus
- Experience with stream-based architectures such as event sourcing and/or CQRS using technologies such as Pulsar or Kafka
- Experience with Kotlin
- Impactful work – you have the opportunity to contribute to the fight against climate change
- International and fast-paced environment
- 10% self-improvement time (work related knowledge and skills)
- Team get-togethers multiple times per year in different countries
- Technically challenging role and a software platform built in-house from the ground up
- Opportunities for professional development through training and mentoring
- Flexible working hours and remote work
- Office in the center of Amsterdam, Turku and Tartu
- Relocation support (if you already have a valid EU residence permit)
Sympower is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees!
MESSAGE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: support for filling this position is not required, so proposals for recruitment services will be ignored.