Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. We are a venture-backed SaaS company that is poised for rapid growth having just raised a large Series A.
Aurora Solar is partnering with Terminal to grow and scale in the Canadian market. Come join Aurora Solar!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who excels in working with other experienced members of the Aurora team and who is excited to build systems and develop their team.
What You’ll Do – Function
- Build and lead a lean, agile engineering team while spending some time in the code
- Lead and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support
- Constantly monitor and improve development processes to drive productivity
- Partner cross-functionally with a distributed internal leadership and team members to identify technical and customer-facing impact, recommend best-practice solutions and/or alternate approaches, and provide timeline estimates
- Ensure constant alignment and bi-directional visibility with the product and engineering team at HQ
- Lead and champion the process of recruiting, training, coaching and developing your team
- Assess skill sets, identify gaps in knowledge, and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members while offering guidance on career path direction
What You Bring – Experience
- BS degree in a related field, or 8+ years of equivalent experience
- 3+ years of management experience, 5+ years experience as an IC building mission critical cloud applications
- Passion and experience building, retaining, and developing engineering talent for your team
- Synthesizing feedback from stakeholders and turning ideas into complete and thoughtful solutions
- Experience working with distributed teams and stakeholders
What You Have – Skill
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- Outstanding communication skills and the willingness to engage proactively with peers
- Thrives in fast-paced, informal, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing
- Technical adeptness and a passion for being hands-on in the code, as well as ensuring quality code from your team
- Methodical and process oriented
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.