Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
As we grow the Peakon engineering team at Workday, we are looking for an experienced manager to join us in Copenhagen.
The Peakon team is driven by the belief that we can radically change the world of work. We believe that when an organisation listens to employee feedback and empowers every employee to drive the change they want to see, it can create more fulfilling jobs and grow in ways never before imagined.
We’re in the business of creating great places to work, so it should be no surprise that being a great place to work is our highest priority. With ambitions as big as ours, we see individual growth and development as the key strategy for growing our business.
About the Role
In this role you will play a key role in the ongoing scaling and maturing of the Peakon Engineering team in Workday.
As a Senior Manager in Engineering you will lead a group of skilled Engineering Managers across multiple scrum teams. With the help of your direct management team, you will foster an environment that produces innovative, powerful yet easy-to-use solutions to complex problems, ultimately bringing us closer to the product vision. You will ensure that we meet our quality standards by focusing on sound architecture, automation, testing and building the right things, the right way.
You will work closely with peers in Dublin, London and Berlin to build on the joint Peakon and Workday culture and form a great team capable of creating outstanding products. You will also be working on a regular basis with leaders across a number of functions including Product Management, Design, Quality Assurance and DevOps to work towards common goals.
- 4+ years of experience managing one or more software delivery teams.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- You have experience with leading leaders and you are comfortable delegating responsibility and empowering others.
- You have experience with designing, developing and releasing software products.
- You prefer the challenge, and reward, of working with a team towards a common goal, rather than trying to reach it alone.
- You are passionate about building and leading an inclusive and diverse team.
- You are able to clearly communicate expectations, and are quick to recognize when someone goes above and beyond to deliver a great result.
- You have a good understanding of agile product development and what it takes to bring a product from idea into the hands of customers.
- You know how to establish realistic timelines to ensure consistent high quality deliveries.